On this edition of Easy Eats, Lehigh Carbon Community College cooking instructor Brock Cahoon shows us how to make pesto crusted scallops with caramelized onions and butternut squash. It's much simpler than it sounds.
Ingredients: Scallops: 8-10 each
Pesto: ¼ cup
Butter: 2 tablespoons
Olive Oil: 1 tablespoon
Sliced Onion: 1
Thyme: ½ teaspoon
Salt: ¼ teaspoon
Pepper: ¼ teaspoon
Butternut Squash (Peeled, Seeded, and Diced): 1
Water: 2 quarts
Butter: 3 T
Montreal Steak Seasoning: 1 tea
1. Place scallops on a greased baking dish
2. Spread even amount of pesto on each scallop
3. Bake at 350 degrees until firm
1. Place butter and oil in a sauté pan and heat until butter is melted.
2. Add onions and seasonings
3. Leave heat on low/medium until onions are soft and deep brown
1. Bring water to boil
2. Add squash and simmer for 5 minutes
3. Drain squash
4. Melt butter in pan that squash was cooked in
5. Sautee squash until soft and brown and season
1. Add squash to onions and toss together
2. Place scallops around the perimeter of the plate in a circle
3. Place a serving of onion and squash mixture in the center of the plate.
4. Optional – Garnish with a rich infused oil and crusty roll/garlic Bread.